Computer consultant and how to hire one (our final word on this subject) is the fourteenth and final post from our Business Advisory Guide entitled “What Every Business Owner Must Know About Hiring an Honest and Competent, Responsive and Fairly Priced Computer Consultant.” We wrote this guide to help business owners who have to outsource the maintenance of their computers.
This week we finish with:
Computer consultant – The Final Piece
I hope you have found this guide to be helpful in shedding some light on what to look for when outsourcing the support of your company’s network. As I stated in the opening of this guide, my purpose for providing this information was to help you make an informed decision and avoid getting burned by the many incompetent firms offering these services.
If you have any additional comments or questions, we welcome them! Have an idea to make this guide even more helpful? Let us know! And of course, if you are looking for someone you can trust to take over the care and maintenance of “all things digital” in your office, we’d love the opportunity to EARN your business.
Below you will find information on how to request a FREE Network Evaluation and Proposal. This is, of course, provided with no obligations and no expectations on our part. I want to be clear that this is NOT a bait and switch offer or a trick to get you to buy something. Our reputation for running an honest and trustworthy business is something we hold very dear. I would never jeopardize that in any way.
So why are we offering something like this for free?
1. We are simply offering this service as a risk-free “get to know us” offer to people we haven’t had the pleasure of doing business with. Again, our goal is to allow you make an informed and confident decision; and offering this is one way we can help you better evaluate us.
2. While we would love your business, a Network Evaluation will allow us to determine if we even CAN help you. Obviously we can’t help everyone and our services might not be a good fit for you. Conducting this Evaluation enables us to do a small project for you to help you determine whether or not we’re the right company for you without risking your money.
FREE Network Evaluation and Proposal
For All Prospective Clients Who Want To Put Us To The Test!
As a prospective client, we would like to offer you a FREE Network Evaluation and Proposal ($397.00 value). During this health check we will perform a comprehensive audit of your entire network to look for potential problems, security loopholes, spyware, and other hidden problems that will cause the computers on your network to run slow, act funny, crash and lose data.
• Audit your backup process and methods to determine if it will be reliable for you.
• Check for security updates and patches to validate that your network really IS secure.
• Review your firewall and security settings.
• Check the integrity of your server and workstation hardware. (Side Note: Did you know that hardware failure is one of the leading causes of data loss that often CAN be detected early and avoided with proper monitoring?).
• Audit your virus definitions and protection.
• Conduct a visual scan of your server room and cabling to make sure your network is physically safe and set up properly.
• Check your overall system performance, space and settings to see if your network is running as fast as it could be.
Why Should You Care About This?
Because there are literally dozens of ways hackers and viruses can access your network – undetected – to access and remotely control your network, corrupt your data, and use your network as a conduit for spreading spam, viruses, and even illegal software.
There are numerous system checks and updates that should be done on a regular basis to ensure maximum speed, performance, and security. Ignore them and your system will get progressively slower, unstable, and susceptible to viruses, spyware, and hackers.
Tape backups have a failure rate of 100% – that means all tapes and drives will fail at some point, often without warning. You don’t want to find out that your backup was not working the day after your hard drive fried.
How to Request Your FREE Network Health Check
Send an email to email@example.com, or just call us at 503-359-1275.
Looking forward to your call!
If you want to skip this blog and read the guide, Download the Business Advisory Guide Here. When you finish reading the guide, you’ll know for sure who to hire. Easy peasy!
Dedicated to your success,
DTS InfoTech . . . computer networks that work